Before we move on to the next church tomorrow let’s have the look at the cupola of the church. It’s not only gives the church a beautiful exterior look. It also brings very beautiful light into the church. The cupola is very sparse decorated on the inside only a golden sun in the middle. At the bottom of the cupola there is quotes from the bible in every four directions. Simple but very beautiful IMO! Tomorrow we another interesting church at Östermalm, the Church of Engelbrekt.
Tag Archives: Marble
Today we look at some more beautiful inventories in the Church of Hedvig Eleonora. The present pipe organ is the 6th in the church’s history. It’s built by Grönlunds Orgelbyggeri, delivered 1976, and has 58 organ stops. However 20 of those organ stops are remains from three of the organ’s predecessors. The facade of the organ remains as it was originally built after Carl Fredrik Adelcrantz’s design in 1762. To the left you can see the baptismal chapel with the stained glass window called “Andreaskorst”, “The Andrew Cross”, made by Bengt Olof Kälde 1936.
Today we take a closer look at the altar in the Church of Hedvig Eleonora. The gilded altar is a gift from the ironmaster Johan Clason. It’s made by the master builder Georg Fröman after Göran Josuae Adelcrantz ’s design and was consecrated on All Saints’ Day 1747. The altarpiece ”Jesus korsfästelse”, ” The crucifixion of Jesus”, is painted by the artist Georg Engelhard Schröder.